Thursday, February 24, 2011

You can't make just 1

I'm hooked!

A while back I saw this pattern...


 I was intrigued by the double zip pouch. But, like most of us, I said to myself "I can figure that out myself". But I couldn't.. so I broke down earlier this week and bought the pattern. It was so simple!!


This is the 2nd pattern I've used by this designer and they are so well written! So much detail and easy to follow.

I made these so far - and plan to make a few more once I get more zippers.

I used her method to make the larger bag.. "Heidi's Stuff". This larger size wasn't included in the original pattern. I'm going to use it when I travel.. for my shampoo and bathroom goods.

I want to make a bigger one for both my boys too.. for all the little things they want to bring in the car on road trips. Like game systems.. etc. Pin It

14 comments:

Impera Magna said...

What a great idea to make larger ones for travel.... perfect for all the stuff kids want to take along in the car!

Julia said...

great little change purse!!!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Very cute! I could use some of those too! What fun!

Cheryll said...

Isn't it a great feeling when things turn out the way you hoped. Good gift collection too! HaPPy FrIdAy!

Poppyprint said...

Clever design!

Patty said...

I made a bunch of these for Christmas presents they are great for putting little chocolates or gift cards! I agree this is a great well written pattern.

Val said...

Oh I love these. So cute.

Barb said...

Oh...so love these pouches....I use them for everything...

Brooke said...

Looks like a good one to add to my shopping list!

I have to say, it is satisfying to make something that is functional. I love my quilts and table runners, but a little bag that you can actually use every day makes sitting at the machine for an evening seem so logical!

I'm always looking for the next excuse to sit at the machine.....

Emma said...

I have been trying to find a double-zip pouch since July!!! I want one! Problem is, I live in Germany, and most of the time my change is Euro change. But I also spend some American money at the American grocery store, post office, etc. and need a separate pouch for American change.

So my question is - what is your pattern? Or (haha, can't hurt to ask!) can I have your small double zip purse? Just kidding, really, but I need to find that pattern...and learn how to sew zippers...and lining...and pouches...

Wendy said...

Your pouches are really lovely! The thought of putting in two zippers makes me come out in a cold sweat, you have my full admiration!

boysmum2 said...

Sometimes, how ever clever we are, we have to bow down and buy the pattern!

Erin said...

Great pattern - I picked it up at a LQS this past summer, and finally made one (the zipper freaked me out - SO easy!) - The small size fits an iPhone, and I am definitely going to be using up some long scraps to make more for gift cards and presents!

Anonymous said...

What lovely pouches and they would make great gifts too,well done Heidi