Friday, February 5, 2010

Postage Stamp Flickr group

I was originally going to wait to start a flickr group for the Postage Stamp quilt-along until I posted the first tutorial. However, I started it now so you can ask questions in an open forum and share tips with each other and also fabrics if you would like.

The link for the Flickr group is http://www.flickr.com/groups/postagestamp/

We will be working on our quilts in "sections". As I stated in my last post, the first tutorial is posted on February 21st - and it will give instructions to make 2 sections. The fabric needs for those 2 sections are listed in this post.

Each 'section' will be 17 1/2 inches square and will contain 289 "postage stamps".

A Twin size quilt will need 20 sections (4 across x 5 down).
Queen will need 30 sections (5 across x 6 down).
King will need 42 sections (7 across x 6 down).

This may sound like alot - but trust me, this will go together quickly. And it will put a huge dent in your scrap bin!
 
Joining the Flickr group is totally optional. All tutorials will be posted here on my blog - with the first on February 21st. Pin It

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Maria said...

Thank you Heidi for sharing with us.

isa & marta said...

Gracias por compartir, haré el quilt siguiendo sus instrucciones.
Mi blog: http://zodiaco9patchworkymas.blogspot.com aun sigo de vacaciones y mi blog tambien, pero en la semana entrante comienzo mis labores.

Alice Grace said...

What fun this will be!

Val said...

I am so excited about this!

Quiltpiecer said...

Okay, I'm in ... have always wanted to do one, but couldn't get my mind around thoss 1.5" squares. But your method using strips has got my interest! Should be fun!

bertiequilts said...

Just found this site this morning and I am definitely going to do it as I am trying to reduce my stash..I plan to use my old 30's repros and I have a bolt of white so I will use that...cant wait...plan to cut my strips today