Saturday, February 13, 2010

Granny's Quilt

Have you ever heard about Granny? She's 96 years old and she is a busy quilter. She usually makes 2 quilts a week and she is amazing. You can read about her here on her Granddaughter Val's blog.

Late last year I bought my first quilt from Granny - my family loves it. It's quickly become a family favorite for snuggling on the couch. So - in January I decided to buy another one and here it is..

This is a scrappy quilt she made and it's so cozy... I can feel a 3rd quilt from Granny in my future. Pin It

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I love to read about Granny. She is such an inspiration to me. And Valerie is such a sweetie. I love how she dotes on Granny and updates us on what Granny is up to. The quilt is very colorful.

Bobbi said...

i should be getting mine sometime soon...i cant wait! she is truly an inspiration!

Val said...

Oh I am so glad it got there ok. I am so glad you are loving it. Bobbi is buying one and I will ship it next week. I actually put some pics on my blog tonight of hers. Happy Valentines Day. Thank you again for blessing Granny!

Libby said...

I love Granny's quilts!! She is a quilter's hero for sure!!!
Enjoy!
Libby

Alice Grace said...

That is one of her prettiest quilts! I love the scrappy ones best!