Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Get organized already!!

Some of you who know me outside of blogland already know that I was recently laid off my job. No..no.. don't feel bad for me. I'm pretty happy about it. Blessings sometimes come in strange ways. I wasn't working for a very nice person. Even though it's a big hit to our finances - I know another MUCH BETTER job is on the horizon for me.

So for now - I'm home.. 100% Mom.. and I have an urge to get organized. I'm hoping to cross some bigs tasks off the to-do list. Some simple.. others - not so much. I'm going deep into the depths of dark corners and closets.. and I promise to share pictures of my progress and some organizational inspiration along the way.

Today I want to share a simple one.. I am lucky to have a sewing room to spread out my mess. And I wanted a simple way to keep all my in-progress projects organized (say that 5 times).

I found these containers at Target for only 3.99.
Ignore the mess on bottom of picture - that's a basket of scrapbooking stuff. Need to work on that too.

Anyway - the plan is to keep all things related to ongoing projects in their own bin. Hopefully this will work as smoothly as it sounds.

And now for a prettier picture...


These are my Pinwheel Sampler blocks that I finished this morning. I'm using "Natures Notebook" from Moda for this quilt.

Now I'm off to re-arrange some bedrooms. Our boys currently share a room and I am going to move them into their own rooms. They've been asking for awhile and have said they are ready to give up their playroom to make it happen.

Oh.. and if you know of any good Systems Analyst jobs.. let me know. lol.
Pin It

14 comments:

Nichole said...

i hope a new and exciting job is in your future. organizing sounds like a good way to use some unexpected time off. i really like your pinwheel blocks. they look great! i'm doing that quilt-a-long as well and i'm already really looking forward to the next block to be posted.

wishes, true and kind said...

Very fresh, pretty blocks! And keep those organizational tips coming. I can always use them :).

joan

Patice said...

I'm taking part in that quilt-along too! Love your blocks.

Unknown said...

Good luck with the organization! I'll be looking for ideas, I'm the most disorganized person, and most "systems" make me even more so!

I love the pinwheels! They look great in that line.

Barb said...

I absolutely love those quilt blocks! I would love to do a Spring quilt like that! I wish you the very best in finding a new job, you are very right, things always happen for a reason and when one door closes, many more open up! Good luck with the organizing--I need to do that too! Your boys will love having their own room! Take care!

Needled Mom said...

Ah yes, organization!!! Are you sure that isn't just a word??? I never seem to be completely organized so I hope you do a better job than I.

The pinwheel blocks are very pretty.

Cheryl said...

Working for not a very nice person is no fun...been there done that! Yipee, to getting orgainized. Something I need to do.

deb said...

love the blocks......awwww...someday maybe I will be organized????

Diane said...

Your blocks look great! Couple times a year I get all crazy about organizing things and go through and toss stuff and find everything a new home.... its great to look at everything all neat and tidy!

Alice Grace said...

Organizing is my dream! I want to so much, but never have enough time at home. But tonight, I did organize my linen closet, at least one of them. (The other one will have to wait!)
Working on cutting the postage stamp quilt fabric tonight. Good luck on finding a job that is fulfilling to you.

Val said...

I am just now reading about your job. Things are really bad around here too. But you are right something better will come along. I wish you many blessings.All things work together for good.

Amy Friend said...

It must be scary to be laid off right now but you really do have a great attitude about it! I hope you find something soon...or not if you are enjoying staying at home!

Dandelion Quilts said...

Oh I like your pinwheels!

Nieves said...

I do believe that everything happens for a reason and most of the times for the better... I am sure your dream job awaits you. And I do not know of any jobs like the one you're after, Spain is a bit too far for you! The good side of that wait is that you have time to work on your projects and for us that we will get to see them. I love your blog, by the way...