Monday, September 21, 2009

Overwhelmed and Under-appreciated

Ever have one of those days? or weekends?

That's me right now. I can't keep up with the housework lately.. I'm slowly chipping away at the laundry pile (where did all this come from in one week?!)... kids are hungry.. homework battles... husbands watching football.. (it's that time of year again!! arrrgghh).

Oh.. and the sprinkler repair guy showed up today to fix the leak in the backyard.. you know, the one that my husband tried to fix on his own.. but quickly realized it was too much for him. Well, one big hole in the backyard and $400 later.. it will all be fixed tomorrow (including the hole).

I don't want to be a grown up anymore! Remember back in High School? The biggest issue on a daily basis was catching the school bus on time, and talking to all your friends about who's got a crush on who.

Then.. out of the blue.. my little guy says "mom.. wanna cuddle with my coyote? He's warm and cuddly."

And I realize that I wouldn't trade the chaos for anything in the world! But ask me again tomorrow.. I may have changed my mind.

I should go sit in my quiet sewing room. I wonder how long it will take before someone comes looking for me? Pin It

3 comments:

Bobbi said...

i can totally relate!!! it only takes about 12 minutes for them to realize you are gone. next time, sneak out the door and go to the store. see how long it takes for your phone to ring...by then you could be blissfully staring at some cute fireman in the grocery store.

Krystal said...

Im with ya today on that! I feel like a maid... And the only one that ever tells me thank you is my 4 year old... Guess he makes it worth it!

~Niki~ said...

I hear ya. I feel like that most days. I have 4 kids and work 6 hours a day OUT of the home. Come home to 4 needy kids with dh working 2nd shift. I feel like a single mom. Hello from Mesa, btw. :) niki