Thursday, August 27, 2009

Quilting Bee off and running

I joined an online virtual Quilting Bee. I'm very exciting about this - I've never participated in one before and am looking forward to the next 12 months.

I received the fabric for September's square from Meagan.
I love the challenge!! She sent a note with some basic guidelines but there is still a lot of freedom to create! I have a couple ideas and am finally ready to put them together - but NOT THIS WEEKEND!!! We've got family plans.

Now that school has started - I have my mornings to sew again before I go to work each day. I love this time of day. School doesn't start until 9 - and I'm an early riser. So I have at least 1 1/2 - 2 hours each morning to myself (and the dog). LOVE IT!!!
One last note.. I was going to baste and quilt the Christmas Table Topper from previous post and ran into an issue. The pattern says 2 yards for backing - but it's not enough. The finished quilt is 58 x 58. And do the math.. 2 yards is 44 x 72. So since I have some piecing to do, I'm going to spice it up a bit. Can't wait to show you.
Pin It

0 comments: