Monday, June 1, 2009

Summer fun!

It seems like I haven't sewn much lately - well, not as much as I would like anyway. It's officially summer here in the desert and this is where I've been spending my time... in our pool with the kids.


We were in the pool 5 times yesterday.. the kids just can't get enough.

Mike mid-cannonball
Joe mid-cannonball

But I really need to buckle down. I have a lot of projects that I need to finish in the coming weeks. Most of the projects in queue are sewing related - except one of them. It's a book that I'm putting together for my parents 45th wedding anniversary!! I will be using Creative Memories Storybook Creator for that one.


Anyway, this is a picture of the quilt that I'm almost finished with. I had a picture of the jelly roll and chenille in my last post. I went to one of my favorite quilt stores at lunch today to get the backing and some batting for the inside. I plan to finish in the next couple days. I will post a full picture when it's complete.


After this is done, I will be making a super cute diaper bag for a friend of mine. She's giving it to someone she knows for a baby gift. I can't wait to share pictures of that. I will have those posted sometime this next Sunday.


Happy sewing!! Pin It

1 comments:

Monica said...

LOVE IT-LOVE IT-LOVE IT!!! Can't wait to see your new creation next week. I was telling my mom what a unique gift I am giving to my cousin for her baby boy ;-)