Sunday, May 10, 2009

Awesome weekend!!!

Well, I had an awesome weekend with my cousin.. she drove down with one of her boys for the weekend to hang out with us and we laughed til it hurt.

We took a sewing class together on Saturday at one of my favorite quilt stores, Quiltz. This quilt store was recently featured as one of the 10 TOP quilt stores this year in the Quilt Sampler Magazine. Annually they post a "Shop Hop 10 Top Stores" and Quiltz was on the list! Well deserved too!

Anyway.. back to the class, my cousin and I have mastered the bag making - but really wanted to learn how to make a bag with a zipper. And that is what we did.


Here is the bag my cousin made (above) - I like her fabric selection better than mine.


And here is my bag - very bright.

Once we got home from our class - we jumped in the pool for some swimming, then after getting everyone in the house fed and settled - we sat down in front of our sewing machines again and made these super cute journal covers.



We designed the pattern ourselves.. and they turned out great on the first try. No adjustments needed. A few weeks back when I went on my girls weekend - one of my gifts to all the girls in our group was to give them all a journal. This one in the picture is my journal. It is from a local Mom (who I think is an awesome women), her name is Carla and here is her site for Sanity Journals, she has some fantastic journals that I just can't get enough of. She even creates custom journals - how cool is that!!

She created a journal called "Little Me" for tracking your baby's milestone and capturing their soul as they grow. I'm planning to get one of those from her soon. I have a baby shower to go to in about a month and after making the journal cover for myself this weekend - I thought what an awesome gift that will be.. the journal in a one of a kind journal cover handmade by me.

My cousin and I also worked on some smaller things - but I haven't taken pictures of them yet. I'll post them later.

Hope all you Mom's had a great Mother's Day - I sure did! Pin It

1 comments:

Jenean said...

Hi Heidi!
Thanks so much for sharing this project! It is SO cute... I love it! It is always exciting for me to see things made from my fabrics. And I love all of the other work on your site. You are so talented!
Jenean